Training and Coaching
We have training sessions with qualified coaches for our competitors and nippers. These are held throughout the week and on Saturday mornings. Our goal is to make our nippers competent lifesavers and nurture them into active members so that they can participate in surf patrols on our beautiful beach.
Please bring togs/towel/sunscreen & drink bottle.
Training will continue on Wednesday’s for Nippers from Under 8’s up. All welcome. Training will start at the Surf Club at 4.00pm (QLD) for sign covering board and water skills training.
All Club Members can join in. SRC, Bronze Award and Water Safety also welcome.
- Rainbow Bay SLSC operate on QLD times
- All sessions are 2 hours duration
- Wednesday session to be set aside for nippers ages from 8 to 14. Bronze and SRC welcome to cover water safety and help younger kids and depending on numbers.
- Other sessions mainly for those competitors with Bronze or SRC and those experienced nippers who are keen on competing. Also would benefit u14 nippers training for SRC Risk assessment done individually (may have to train Wednesday until skills are satisfactory).
- Please note depending on Member use of coaching the above may have to vary re skill levels and amount of members training.
- Bronze and SRC holders who don’t compete and want to maintain or increase skill levels are most welcome, you will be catered for.